Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
My mom and dad have a huge fig tree in their backyard. Here is one of their many fig recipes they have collected over the years.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 8 fresh figs, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons Curacao (not the blue kind)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar, water, orange juice, and orance zest; stir to combine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the figs and cook for about 2 minutes or until soft, turn once.
- Add curacao and stir to mix.
- Cool and serve in sherbert dishes.
Looking forward to trying this recipe during fig season. Found it when searching to make sure it was not already posted. To credit the source, it's from The Big Book of Breakfast, 2003, by Maryana Vollstedt. Will add detailed review and rating as soon as I try it!
Whoa baby. YUMMMMMMMM!!! I didn't have an orange so I used lemon zest, lemon juice & Limoncello! DH & I each had half of it served over vanilla ice cream. I was in heaven! Thank you for posting!