Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My mom and dad have a huge fig tree in their backyard. Here is one of their many fig recipes they have collected over the years.
Top Review by zeldaz51
Looking forward to trying this recipe during fig season. Found it when searching to make sure it was not already posted. To credit the source, it's from The Big Book of Breakfast, 2003, by Maryana Vollstedt. Will add detailed review and rating as soon as I try it!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 8 fresh figs, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons Curacao (not the blue kind)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar, water, orange juice, and orance zest; stir to combine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the figs and cook for about 2 minutes or until soft, turn once.
- Add curacao and stir to mix.
- Cool and serve in sherbert dishes.