1/6 Photos of Fresh Fig, Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Gourmet Pizza
This is really really good! For Goat cheese lovers do try to purchase the goat cheese that is rolled in plump dried cranberries. Do try ir on the grill!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb prepared pizza dough, room temperature (I used Pizza Dough Bread Machine for one pie)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 4 -6 fresh figs, cut in half
- 5 ounces goat cheese (if you can get goat cheese with cranberries it fabulous)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- olive oil
- 1In a pan saute onions in oil till a caramel color, set aside to cool completely.
- 2Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 3Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1 inch thick. You can make it round or square all a matter of taste.
- 4Place on a pan that is dusted with corn meal.
- 5Spread a thin coat of olive oil on dough.
- 6Arrange goat cheese, figs cut side up, cooled onions around on crust.
- 7Top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with rosemary.
- 8Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 9ALTERNATE method:.
- 10If grilling preheat grill to medium high.
- 11Oil one side and place on a clean oiled grill and grill for 4-5 minutes.
- 12Flip and then lightly spread olive oil on dough.
- 13Arrange goat cheese, figs cut side up, cooled onions around on crust.
- 14Top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with rosemary.
- 15Cook a couple more minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Fig, Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Gourmet Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.5
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 543.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: