Elly in Canada's Note:
An adopted recipe! Two of my favorite foods - figs and prosciutto. Note by the original chef "I just love this bountiful sandwich it is equally good cold--just eliminate the baking. Recipe adapted from: The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 baguette, cut lengthwise in half
- 1/2 cup best-quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 8 ounces sweet gorgonzola or 8 ounces saga blue cheese, room temperature
- 3 fresh figs, cut lengthwise into slices (mission or green,ripe)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Scoop out a bit of bread from the centre of the bread halves.
- 3Mix the oil and basil in a small bowl and drizzle evenly over both bread halves.
- 4Arrange the prosciutto evenly over the bottom half of the bread.
- 5Gently spread the cheese over the prosciutto and top the cheese with sliced figs. Sprinkle with the lemon juice and black pepper.
- 6Cover with the top half of the bread and wrap in aluminum foil, leaving the seam on top open slightly.
- 7Bake until the cheese is melted and the sandwich is heated through, about 15 minutes. Cut into 8 equal pieces and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Fig and Prosciutto Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 780.5
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 1482.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: