Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A wonderful summer dessert.
Make and share this Fresh Fig and Peach Crumble recipe from Food.com.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into big chunks (chilled but not refrigerator hard)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb peach, peeled, halved, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 lb large firm rip fig, stems trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- Add the butter and 1/3 cup sugar to a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat about 3 minutes, or until well combined.
- Add in 1 cup flour and salt; beat on low speed just until the flour is incorporated; the mixture should be dry and crumbly.
- Scrape the flour from the bottom and edges of the bowl, pressing it into the pastry.
- The pastry should still be crumbly.
- Refrigerate the pastry until ready to use.
- Combine the peaches and figs in a big bowl.
- Add in the lime juice; toss to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon; stir to blend.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar/flour mixture over the fruit.
- Fold gently, just to blend without crushing the fruit.
- Spoon the fruit into a lightly buttered 1 1/2 to 2 quart shallow dish.
- Sprinkle the cold pastry crumbs evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes or the top is golden brown and the fruit bubbly.
- Let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with ice cream.
Quick, easy and delicous! What more can be said!