1 hr 10 mins
A wonderful summer dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into big chunks (chilled but not refrigerator hard)
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb peach, peeled, halved, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 lb large firm rip fig, stems trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- 1Add the butter and 1/3 cup sugar to a large bowl.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat about 3 minutes, or until well combined.
- 3Add in 1 cup flour and salt; beat on low speed just until the flour is incorporated; the mixture should be dry and crumbly.
- 4Scrape the flour from the bottom and edges of the bowl, pressing it into the pastry.
- 5The pastry should still be crumbly.
- 6Refrigerate the pastry until ready to use.
- 7Combine the peaches and figs in a big bowl.
- 8Add in the lime juice; toss to blend.
- 9In a smaller bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon; stir to blend.
- 10Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar/flour mixture over the fruit.
- 11Fold gently, just to blend without crushing the fruit.
- 12Spoon the fruit into a lightly buttered 1 1/2 to 2 quart shallow dish.
- 13Sprinkle the cold pastry crumbs evenly over the fruit.
- 14Bake in a 350°F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes or the top is golden brown and the fruit bubbly.
- 15Let cool slightly.
- 16Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Fig and Peach Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.5
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 29.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g