From Ziggerman's Guide to Good Eats. I cut back on the cheese considerably because the orginal recipe listed three cups of gruyere-Holy Cow's Milk, Batman! (Once you find out the price for cave-aged cheese you'll understand why I did that.)The best quality ingredients make all the difference in the world.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water just until al dente.
- 2Drain pasta and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- 3Quickly add the cooked pasta back to the pot and stir in the reserved liquid, gruyere, and butter.
- 4Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- 5Stir in walnuts and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 6Transfer to pasta platter and garnish with some Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Fettuccini With Gruyere and Toasted Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.0
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.7 mg
- Sodium 223.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 27.1 g