Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Ziggerman's Guide to Good Eats. I cut back on the cheese considerably because the orginal recipe listed three cups of gruyere-Holy Cow's Milk, Batman! (Once you find out the price for cave-aged cheese you'll understand why I did that.)The best quality ingredients make all the difference in the world.
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 3⁄4-3 cups cave-aged gruyere (read intro)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water just until al dente.
- Drain pasta and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Quickly add the cooked pasta back to the pot and stir in the reserved liquid, gruyere, and butter.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Stir in walnuts and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to pasta platter and garnish with some Parmigiano-Reggiano.