Recipe by AnnieLynne
When I saw this on Self.com, I knew I had to try it! This is SO invigorating and refreshing and really left my feet feeling fabulous! According to Self, the hydroxy acid in the lemons cleans, exfoliates and softens. (I'm now a believer!)
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar (such as turbinado)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 drops essential oils (lemon)
- 1 gallon hot water
- 1 cup lemon juice (fresh or prepared)
- 2 lemons, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, olive oil and essential oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Pour water into a large basin, add lemon juice and lemon slices.
- Soak feet for 3 minutes.
- Remove feet from water and, if needed, use a buffer or pumice to smooth calluses.
- Gently scrub with sugar mixture. Pay extra attention to dry cuticles and heels.
- Dip feet back in basin to rinse off sugar, then wipe with a warm, wet washcloth.
- Pat dry and moisturize.