Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have this recipe of apple crisp and I like it. I have this recipe for apple pie and I like it. I have this recipe for frozen peaches too...I like it too. So how can I get some of all of these in this recipe? Well I did. Hubby says he wants this for dinner and it has to take the place of all of my apple and peach crisp recipes. I hope you will like this every bit as much as we do! I used a package of Vivian's Frozen Peaches (or follow directions but do not freeze)
- 4 cups fresh peaches (Vivian's Frozen Peaches)
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup peach juice (reserved from peaches)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Spray a 9 X 9 inch baking dish.
- Drain peaches and reserve 1/2 cup juice.
- Freeze left over juice for another use if desired.
- Mix peaches with 1/2 cup reserved juice, tapioca and 1/4 cup oats.
- Pour into the baking dish and let set for at least 15 minutes.
- In the mean time mix the remaining ingredients,.
- sprinkle evenly over the top of the peaches, if the 15 minutes are up.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. I like more nutmeg.