Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light. ZWT3. Great Brittain.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shelled green peas (about 1 pound unshelled)
- 6 cups trimmed arugula
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shaved fresh pecorino romano cheese
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add peas; cook 1 minute.
- Drain and plunge peas into ice water; drain.
- Combine peas, arugula, and mint in a large bowl.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss well.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Made this for a wine club meeting to be paired with viognier. It was a huge hit. Fresh and delicious.
This was simply divine! I just made it this weekend for a soldier's homecoming potluck. It was gone in MINUTES, and I received TONS of compliments! I did have to make more of the dressing though. One serving of the dressing wasn't enough for this lemon-lover! Excellent salad...thanks!