1/1 Photo of Fresh Egg Pasta-Gluten Free
This recipe from "More from the Gluten-Free Gourmet", by Bette Hagman is being posted by request. I have not tried it, but I know somebody who swears by it and her husband who has no dietary restrictions agrees. If there is one gf pasta recipe to try, this is it, because as far as I know, there are no commercially made gf wide egg noodles on the market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine flours, salt, and xanthan gum.
- 2Beat the eggs lightly and add the oil.
- 3Pour the egg-oil liquid into the flour mixture and stir.
- 4This will feel much like pastry dough.
- 5Work the dough into a firm ball.
- 6Knead for 1 or two minutes.
- 7Place the ball of dough on a potato starch-floured (rice flour turns noodles gray) breadboard and roll as**thin as possible**.
- 8This dough is tough and, when almost transparent, will still handle well.
- 9Cut into desired shape.
- 10For fettuccine and spaghetti, slice very thin strips.
- 11For a noodle casserole, make slightly wider noodles.
- 12If using for lasagne, cut into 1 1/2-by-4-inch rectangles.
- 13To cook pasta: Cook in salted boiling water, to which 1 tablespoon of oil has been added, for about 10 to 12 minutes depending on the thickness and size of your pieces.
- 14You will have to test for doneness.
- 15Drain and rinse well.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Egg Pasta-Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 329.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: