1/1 Photo of Fresh Double Berry Pie
1 hr 30 mins
I came up with this as a way to 'get rid of' a bunch of strawberries that I had purchaced for another purpose. I had some blueberries around, but not enough to do anything meaningful with -- so, I decided to use my Fresh Blueberry Pie recipe method with a twist. Everyone was raving about it. Most like it better than the plain blueberry version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie crust, for a 9 inch pie rolled out and ready to bake
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 16 -24 medium strawberries, hulled,rinsed and dried
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, disolved in
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar (or more depending on sweetness of berries)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
- 2for at-least 20 minutes.
- 3Line crust with parchment, fill with dried beans or rice.
- 4Bake for 20 mins.
- 5Remove from oven, remove parchment/beans, prick bottom with fork, return to oven and bake until golden brown.
- 6Remove from oven let cool on rack for 2 mins.
- 7Brush entire crust with egg white while still hot.
- 8Place blueberries in a medium saucepan with 3/4 cup water, cover and bring to a boil.
- 9When water and blueberries come to a boil, lower the heat to simmer and stir constatly for 3-4 minutes until the berries start to burst and the juices start to thicken.
- 10While still stirring slowly add the cornstarch, sugar, lemonjuice and salt.
- 11Simmer for a minute or so until the mixture becomes translucent.
- 12Remove from heat Spoon about 1/2 the mixture into the pie crust.
- 13Dip each strawberry into the remaining mixture and arrange neatly in pie large side down.
- 14Any remaining blueberry mixture over strawberry's Let sit at room temperature for atleast 2 hrs before serving with whipped cream.
- 15Store at room temperature for 2 days.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Double Berry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 192.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g