Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
it's delicous it's just what I want in the morning when I wake up
Make and share this Fresh Donuts recipe from Food.com.
- Make a sponge of heated milk, sugar, shortening and salt.
- Dissolve yeast in a seperate bowl with 2 tablespoons of warm water, let set for a while.
- Add to sponge.
- Add 2 cups of flour and then beaten egg.
- Add rest of flour one cup at a time. It may not take all ten cups, until it gets almost like bread dough// not too stiff.
- Cover bowl with Saran wrap and let rise over night.
- Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick. Dont try to roll all out at once.
- Cut into pieces about 2 to 3 inches. Cut a slit in the middle, spread out to rise again.
- Fry them, make sure you have enough grease in pan for them to float. Turn when they get brown on bottom and turn.