Recipe by Huskergirl
We pair sweet corn with spicy curry in this delicious summer soup. To make it vegetarian, swap vegetable broth for chicken broth. WW points 2
Top Review by I'm Christy
Very tasty and the yellow-orange color is beautiful also! I didn't have any lemons so I substituted apple cider vinegar for the acid component. I also used frozen corn (10 oz. bag was 3 cups) and only pureed half the solids so I could have some intact veggies for variety. I used 1/4 teaspon salt. Excellent flavor that improved over time. Thanks for posting!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cups corn
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion; cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder and cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add broth, corn, potatoes, lemon juice and salt to saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes; remove from heat.
- In a blender, food processor or using an immersion blender, puree mixture (in batches if necessary), until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- To serve, stir cilantro or scallions into soup. Spoon into bowls and top with about 2 teaspoons each of yogurt and tomato. Garnish with additional chopped cilantro or scallions, if desired. Serve hot or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.