Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Classic elegant little Scandinavian appetizers, with a fusion accent! These can be made up in advance, then assembled before serving.
- 1 English cucumber
- 3 -4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder or 1 tablespoon wasabi paste, to taste
- fresh dill, to garnish
- Partially peel cucumber horizontally (so that some dark green still shows), then slice into 20 @ 1/4-inch thick rounds. Lay on paper towels.
- Arrange slices of smoked salmon on top of the cucumber slices, cutting salmon to fit.
- Drizzle salmon with lemon juice and lightly sprinkle with pepper.
- In a small bowl whip together the cream cheese, fresh dill, fresh chives, pepper, and wasabi powder.
- Top salmon with wasabi cream, and garnish with fresh dill.