Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a fresh, delicious way to serve summer cucumbers! It is wonderful with any meat and SO healthy as a main or side dish!! Simple and easy.
- 2 large cucumbers (peeled and seeds removed)
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives (chopped) or 1⁄4 cup fresh dill (chopped)
- Slice the cucumbers into1/4 inch slices (after peeling and removing seeds).
- Add yogurt, oil, garlic, salt, lemon juice and the fresh herbs of your choice (I recommend chives or dill) to the cucumbers.
- Mix well by hand and chill for at least 1 hour.
- The flavor gets better the longer it chills. Serve as a side dish or a wonderful snack!
I liked the recipe because it didn't require onions, and I wanted to also skip the vinegar. As the previous reviewer said, nice and tangy - actually a bit too tangy for us - so I added a touch of sweetener, which worked well with the dill. A nice, refreshing way to utilize all those summer cukes. I also did the salting and draining before assembling the salad - years of habit, I guess!
This was delicious. It is very strong on garlic flavor and very tangy because of the yogurt. We served it with shish kabobs and pita bread. I did cut the oil back to about 1/8 c. and it still turned out well. Also, I used lowfat instead of fat-free yogurt. It is good if you let the cucumbers drain after slicing for a little while before making the salad.