1/1 Photo of Fresh Crock Pot Tomato Sauce
This tomato sauce is the best...so easy to make...will not heat up your kitchen and the finishing result is wonderful. You can easily double or triple the recipe! What a great way to use up your summer tomatoes!
My Private Note
pound s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and coarsely chop tomatoes. Do this by hand and not food processor. Transfer tomatoes to a slow cooker.
- 2Melt butter over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add the onion and garlic, and saute until softened but not browned. Scrape into slow cooker.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
- 4At the end of the cooking time, stir in herbs. Cover and cook an additional 10 minutes. Taste for salt and add the sugar, if desired. Serve on top of your favorite pasta, you will have enough sauce for 1 lb of pasta.
- 5I also add olives to the sauce, during the last phase of cooking. Whatever is left over, I freeze.
- 6Another great tip -- when peeling the tomatoes use a vegetable peeler (one suited for softer skin) and it will make life so much easier!
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Crock Pot Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 396.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g