1/1 Photo of Fresh Cream of Tomato Soup With Basil - Ww 2 Points
Pair this creamy tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich for true comfort food. When tomatoes are out of season, use two 14-ounce cans of diced tomatoes instead. From WeightWatchers.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium leeks, chopped (white parts only)
- 8 medium beefsteak tomatoes, cored and chopped (about 3 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 tablespoon basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (to garnish)
- 1Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and set pan over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, thyme and bay leaf; cook until tomatoes break down, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add broth and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and remove bay leaf.
- 3Puree tomato mixture in saucepan using an immersion blender. Or, working in batches, puree tomato mixture in a blender until smooth (be careful not to splatter hot liquid); return puree to saucepan and set pan over low heat.
- 4Add milk and simmer 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in basil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with thyme and serve.
- 5Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Cream of Tomato Soup With Basil - Ww 2 Points
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.5
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 660.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: