Recipe by KelBel
Another Weight Watchers recipe. A little different from the other cream of tomato soup that I posted.
Top Review by JennyMidget
Not to my taste, sorrry - nice enough flavours but too many chunky 'bits' in it even after pureeing, and my 10-month old had a hard time eating it, even with bread soaking in it.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, garlic, thyme, and basil(if using dried). Simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly; transfer to a blender and puree.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan. Whisk the milk and tomato paste in a small bowl; stir into the soup. Add the basil, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until just heated through(do not boil).