Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a cranberry relish my Mom has made every Thanksgiving. I never liked any sort of cranberry sauce until I tried hers! Now it's a must-have and goes amazingly well with turkey! Feel free to play with the amount of sugar and orange juice for taste and consistency!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 2 granny smith apples, quartered
- 1 orange, peeled and separated
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Place 1 cup (or about 1.5 handfuls) of cranberries, 1/4 apple, 1 orange wedge, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 cup orange juice into a blender.
- Using the pulse method, begin to chop up ingredients. You may have to use a spoon or knife halfway through to get any stuck cranberries below the blades. Continue until contents are consistency of relish (smooth but not puree).
- Remove contents into a bowl and repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- For best taste, chill at least 4 hours prior.
This is similar to a recipe that I had made some time ago, and I wanted to make it again. This time, though, the recipe turned into a smoothie. This was very runny. I may not have added enough apple or orange, because I used 1/2 of a very large apple and 4 clementines. I am going to add some more cranberries, apple and orange, and see if I can get it to a thicker consistency. Maybe I should not have added all of the orange juice. I am not sure exactly what went wrong, but I will try this one again. Thank you, Otakugirl.