Recipe by joan in CNY
So much better than canned! You can adjust the amount of sugar (up to 1 cup) according to your preference. My mother and grandmother made this the same way for as long as I can remember.
Top Review by QOU4LIFE
I have almost always made my cranberry sauce this way, but this is the only recipe I could find on Food.com that matched what I usually do. This year, I made it with orange/mango juice rather than water as the base and added cinnamon, nutmeg, a tiny bit of cloves and some cardamom as it was almost done cooking. I also let it cook quite a while to reduce the sauce without having to add cornstarch. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries (I prefer Ocean Spray)
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup sugar (depending on tartness desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Rinse berries and add to gently boiling water.
- Bring back to a boil and simmer gently about 10 minutes until most of the berries have popped.
- Cool slightly in pan and then pour into an attractive bowl for serving.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.