Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cranberry sauce was not something we served on Thanksgiving until recently. I adapted another recipe to our liking and this is the end result. If you don't want to juice your oranges substitute 1 1/4 cups ready-made orange juice. Also, I used 1/2 cup Splenda For Baking (which is half Splenda and half sugar) and could not tell the difference from the batch I made using all sugar. If you like your sauce a little sweeter just add an additional 1/2 cup sugar or 1/4 cup Splenda For Baking.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 oranges, juice of, with pulp
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced (dried and sweetened)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Rinse cranberries in colander and remove any soft ones.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer about 5 minutes to thicken slightly.