Recipe by imatrad
I've been making this for years, and is such a refreshing change from the standard canned cranberry sauce served on holiday tables. It comes together quickly with a food processor. Goes great with turkey or ham, and is especially good on turkey sandwiches! I'm guessing on the quantity this recipe serves, It's enough to make a large serving bowl, and fill 3 jars to give away too! Cooking time is just for boiling water. Hope you enjoy this beautiful addition to your Thanksgiving and Christmas buffet! (don't worry, the orange rind will not be tart, as there is substantial sugar!)
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 whole orange (WITH rind)
- 1 (6 ounce) box cherry gelatin or 1 (6 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the orange into 8 sections, then place in a food processor, grind to small chunks.
- Add cranberries, and continue grinding to small pieces.
- Add grapes and grind all to very fine bits.
- Remove mixture from processor, and reserve in large bowl, stirring in sugar to blend.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve cherry gelatine in boiling water.
- Add to ground cranberry mixture.
- Add pineapple (including juice) and stir well to combine.
- Pour into serving bowl (or jars, if giving away as gifts) and cover and store in refrigerator overnight to set (can also be frozen).
- Keeps in fridge for up to two weeks.