Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
So much better than cranberries from a can! Has a little zip (Grand Marnier or Congnac). Make at least a day ahead to best enhance the flavors. I got this recipe from Larry Benfield after Thanksgiving one year in the 1980's. Reading his original the oranges were UNPEELED. I have always peeled them.
- Take nuts for a spin in food processor to chop. Place in bowl.
- Wash cranberries removing bad ones. Take for a spin in food processor. Place in bowl.
- Wash then core apples and quarter. Take for a spin in food processor. Place in bowl.
- Peel and remove seeds from orange. Take for a spin in food processor. Place in bowl.
- Add sugar and liquor. Mix.
- Refrigerate overnight. The flavors will blend and be enhanced.
- Keeps and freezes well.
Good recipe made great. In order to cut the large amount isugar I used 1 red delicious apple, 1/2 can chopped pineapple, 1/2 cup pineapple juice and only used 3 tbsp of sugar. Thanks.