Recipe by HokiesMom
From an Ocean Spray Cranberry flyer that I found in my huge collection of saved recipe clipouts. I love cranberries and I love the flavor of pumpkin so of course I love putting the two together in any baked good. Remember, if using fresh cranberries that you've frozen to save for later, do not thaw the frozen cranberries before using - they will turn to mushy.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped (you may use frozen, just do not thaw!)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk (or higher in fat content, but I've found skim does not work well)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease or paper line 12 muffin tins.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moist (do not overmix).
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3rds of the way full with batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before removing from tins to cool on a wire rack.