1/2 Photos of Fresh Cranberry Pie
This recipe was adapted from one I found in Gourmet Magazine over 10 years ago. It is more like a buttery pound cake over a filling of chopped cranberries and walnuts, than an actual pie. It is wonderful served with a little whipped cream and a cup of tea. I usually cut the butter back to 1/2 cup plus a little.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Chop, then measure, the cranberries and walnuts. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar. Pour into the center of a buttered 10" pie plate.
- 3Mix together eggs, melted butter, remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, salt and almond extract. Stir until smooth.
- 4Pour batter evenly over cranberry mixture.
- 5Bake approximately 40 minutes until golden brown all over.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Cranberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.1
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 317.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 38.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g