Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is my daughter and mother's favorite Thanksgiving recipe. I used to make it every year for the teachers at my children's school--they RAVED over it. After Thanksgiving, I like to have it as a snack over plain yogurt. It is absolutely to die for!
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 15 ounces pineapple tidbits, with juice
- 2 oranges, peeled
- Wash cranberries, discard mushy ones.
- Pulse in food processor until just slightly chopped (you could hand chop).
- Cut oranges into pieces about the size of the tidbits.
- Mix cranberries, sugar, raisins, pecans, pineapple tidbits with juice and orange pieces all together.
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Very well enjoyed at all holiday parties by everyone! It's just a perfect flavor/color/taste combination.
Well, I was skeptical when I came across this but wanted something different for Thanksgiving leftovers as my usual cooked cranberry sauce recipe was all eaten. This was delicious and the more it sat in the fridge, the tastier it got. It's now leftovers from Christmas time and I find myself making a second batch. Thanks for the recipe-it's a keeper.
I brought this to two different Thanksgiving potlucks this year and it was a hit both times. Great recipe