Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
I never bother with a mold for this, but I'm sure it would be pretty (I just use a glass-cut salad bowl). Jell-O salad with fresh fruits, including fresh cranberries. I have served it at the holidays for large family gatherings. Recipe from an old local church cookbook. "Cooking" time includes time to chill Jell-O.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 3 apples, peeled
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 -3 oranges, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes raspberry Jell-O gelatin or 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert or 2 (3 ounce) boxes cherry Jell-O
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- In a large bolw, dissolve Jello in 1 1/4 cups of hot water. Add 1 1/4 cups cold water and stir. Chill until just beginning to set.
- Meanwhile, grind together cranberries and apples (I use a food processor). Add pineapple, oranges, sugar and nuts (if using). Mix.
- When Jell-O has begun to set, add fruit mixture. Fold in well. Pour into a large mold and refrigerate until set.
Great cranberry salad! I used black cherry jello, walnuts and did not use a mold. My traditional Thanksgiving cranberry salad is very similar to this and now I have two recipes that will be family favorites. Thank you MathMom.calif!