Recipe by rochsann
The women in my family are addicted to this mandatory holiday dish. It has cranberry tartness combined with the sweetness of grapes and mandarin oranges, all encompassed in the comfort of jello. It comes from the "It's About Thyme" cookbook by Marge Clark, who by her recipes must be a special lady.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Served for Thanksgiving. My kids thought this was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's a good thing it makes so much, even though they ate an obscene amount, we still have enough for leftovers. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh cranberries or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cranberries, picked over and washed
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 9 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (3 small boxes)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups red apples, diced
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 -2 cup green seedless grapes or 1 -2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cranberries in the 4 cups water to a boil.
- Add soda and stir and enjoy watching it bubble up.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, jello, and marshmallows.
- Stir until melted.
- Let mixture cool.
- Add apples, nuts, pineapple, oranges, and grapes.
- Pour into one 9" x 13" pan and one 8" x 8" pan.
- Chill until firm.