These are a holiday favorite at our house. Moist cake-like cookies with lots finely chopped fresh cranberries. The Lemon Glaze is a must and really compliments these cookies.
- In a food processor or blender pulse cranberries until medium-fine. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients except cranberries; mix well.
- Gently mix in cranberries.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375* for 8 to 10 minutes or until rim of cookie is lightly browned. Don't overbake or they will be dry and hard. :-).
- Brush on the glaze while still warm.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice till smooth. Should be very thin like gravy. Add more or less sugar for right consistency.