Recipe by hellokitty
From Everyday is a Party Cookbook by Emeril Lagasse. Looked good on the FoodNetwork!
Top Review by AniSarit
The best cranberry sauce ever! I wanted to post this, but thanks hellokitty for saving me the trouble! The correct amount of lemon zest is 1 teaspoon. Making this a day in advance is the only way to go, since all the flavors really come out. Also, using a good quality vanilla extract is important.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh cranberries (you can use frozen too)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cranberies, lemon and orange zest, orange and lemon juice, sugar, vanilla and 11/2 cups of the water in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/2 cup water and add to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then stir constantly until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely before serving.