Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Everyday is a Party Cookbook by Emeril Lagasse. Looked good on the FoodNetwork!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh cranberries (you can use frozen too)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Put the cranberies, lemon and orange zest, orange and lemon juice, sugar, vanilla and 11/2 cups of the water in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/2 cup water and add to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then stir constantly until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely before serving.
The best cranberry sauce ever! I wanted to post this, but thanks hellokitty for saving me the trouble! The correct amount of lemon zest is 1 teaspoon. Making this a day in advance is the only way to go, since all the flavors really come out. Also, using a good quality vanilla extract is important.
Oh, this is SO GOOD! You will NEVER eat that canned crap again. Use FRESH cranberries. It's better. It's easy and makes you look like you know what you're doing. I made this when I saw Emeril make it last year and I plan to bring it to our gathering this year! YUMMMMMMM! Goes great on turkey/stuffing sandwiches leftover! Thanks for posting this so I didn't have to!