Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This no cook relish is a tart and refreshing relish. Good with turkey, it provides an especially effective counterpoint to heavier birds such as goose and duck. Stored, covered, in the refrigerator, the relish keeps for at least a week. Use it as an intriguing spread on turkey sandwiches.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 whole orange, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all the ingredients in the container of a food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade. Process until the mixture is chopped to the consistency you like. Cover and refrigerate.
Very good! I used the whole orange, including the peel (so skipped the orange zest called for), and just used 1/4 cup orange juice. I have been really enjoying this on turkey sandwiches for lunch this week. Thanks for posting the recipe!
Good recipe, but I think the spices threw me off. I only used 1/4 tsp cloves, but it was still too clove-y. Maybe it will be better after it melds over night.