Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My mom got this recipe from one of her coworkers at the hospital, and I ask her to make it for me whenever I come home to visit. The flavors are simple, but they just work really well together-- I've never tasted anything quite like it. It's kind of like a wintry take on a fruit salad.
- 1 lb fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 bunch red seedless grapes (quartered, and dried of excess water on paper towels)
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained, and dried of excess juice on paper towels)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- The night before, soak chopped cranberries in sugar in a large bowl.
- The next day, add grapes, crushed pineapple and pecans.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Add whipped cream shortly before serving.