Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
Fresh Crab Cocktail Terry Gross, Gastronomy - January 2, 1997 Cocktail Sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (fresh if available)
- 2 tablespoons Burgundy wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients by hand and chill thoroughly.
- Crab Cocktail 2 whole fresh Dugeness crab, cleaned and cracked Shredded fresh icebury lettuce 2 fresh lemons, quartered Line a serving bowl with the shredded lettuce. Arrange a cracked crab attractively on top of lettuce and garnish with lemon quarters.
- Serve cocktail sauce in separate bowl.
- Serves 4 a list for those seeking a lost favorite or family recipe