Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Try fresh homemade sausage for breakfast for a change! It's fast and easy, and much better than the processed store varieties with all of their chemicals and fillers. You can easily mix it up, freeze it, and thaw as needed. The fennel can be left out if you don't really like it, and it's best to use meat that has a little fat to it. Prep time includes "sitting time".
- 3 lbs ground pork
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 green onions, white parts plus a little green,minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- *not too lean" works best for sausage- just do a few more situps!
- **can omit if you're not a"fennel fan" Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, with clean hands (works the best!).
- Cook up a small amount in a skillet to taste for seasoning; adjust seasoning.
- Divide into 2 rolls about 2 inches around.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut logs into 1/2 inch thick slices and fry in a little butter until cooked through.
- Extras can be frozen.