- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Add corn kernels, egg and milk and stir just until combined.
- Turn into a greased 8-inch round or square baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F.
- for about 30-35 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.