Recipe by Cookin'Diva
This recipe is all about fresh taste! The sweetness of freshly picked corn is balanced with the zing of lime and cilantro. It's one of our family favorites. You'll also enjoy the easy technique for cooking fresh corn in the microwave.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Fantastic flavors together! My fresh corn was so nice and sweet; the lime and cilantro really did balance it perfectly. Thanx for posting. I'll enjoy this many times this summer while the corn is fresh and sweet!
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave method for cooking corn: husk corn and wash off any loose silk. Place wet corn into Ziploc bag. Place bag in microwave and cook 4 minutes; rotate ears and cook 2 more minutes. Let sit 2 minutes to finish cooking. Cool five minutes and then slice kernels off the cob.
- Combine corn kernels, lime juice, lime zest, butter, salt and pepper. **Can be made ahead up to this point.
- Just before serving, add cilantro and toss to combine. If desired, garnish with lime slices and sprig of cilantro.