Recipe by kitchengrrl
One of the great pleasures of summer is the abundance of fresh vegetables. I had some leftover grilled corn and a few other fresh ingredients lying around, so I made this salad. I prefer the simple sweetness of the fresh vegetables in here, and raw onions don't sit well with my husband, but I bet a little onion and garlic would be great in this salad, so I added them as optional ingredients. I bet this would also be good topped with a little crumbled bacon or feta cheese.
- 3 ears corn, grilled or microwaved,cooled
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped or 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint red pear tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onions or 1⁄4 cup green onions or 1⁄4 cup shallot (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- assorted fresh herb (such as oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, mint, etc. to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the green beans into 2 inch pieces and blanch briefly in boiling water or microwave for 2-3 minutes until bright green and slightly tender.
- Immediately run under icy cold water to stop cooking and cool.
- Transfer beans to salad bowl and add chopped tomatoes.
- Slice kernals off corn cobs and add to salad bowl, along with chopped herbs.
- Make Dressing: Combine all ingredients except oil in a small mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- Slowly whisk in oil in a steady stream until well blended.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently so as not to break up too many of the chunks of corn.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate a few hours until ready to serve.
- Salad is still good after a day or two, but the color of the beans will fade.
- Bring almost to room temperature before serving.
- NOTE:You may have to adjust the dressing to your taste.
- I continued to play with it after I dressed the salad.