One of the great pleasures of summer is the abundance of fresh vegetables. I had some leftover grilled corn and a few other fresh ingredients lying around, so I made this salad. I prefer the simple sweetness of the fresh vegetables in here, and raw onions don't sit well with my husband, but I bet a little onion and garlic would be great in this salad, so I added them as optional ingredients. I bet this would also be good topped with a little crumbled bacon or feta cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ears corn, grilled or microwaved,cooled
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped or 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint red pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions or 1/4 cup green onions or 1/4 cup shallot (optional)
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- assorted fresh herb (such as oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, mint, etc. to taste)
- 1Break the green beans into 2 inch pieces and blanch briefly in boiling water or microwave for 2-3 minutes until bright green and slightly tender.
- 2Immediately run under icy cold water to stop cooking and cool.
- 3Transfer beans to salad bowl and add chopped tomatoes.
- 4Slice kernals off corn cobs and add to salad bowl, along with chopped herbs.
- 5Make Dressing: Combine all ingredients except oil in a small mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- 6Slowly whisk in oil in a steady stream until well blended.
- 7Pour dressing over salad and toss gently so as not to break up too many of the chunks of corn.
- 8Serve immediately or refrigerate a few hours until ready to serve.
- 9Salad is still good after a day or two, but the color of the beans will fade.
- 10Bring almost to room temperature before serving.
- 11NOTE:You may have to adjust the dressing to your taste.
- 12I continued to play with it after I dressed the salad.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Corn, Tomato and Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 306.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar