Recipe by Moody
I don't think anything says "summer" like a really tasty corn soup. This one screams "SUMMER!!!"
- 3 ears corn
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white part,washed thoroughly &,chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled &,grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, minced
- 1 russet potato, peeled &,chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook corn in pot of boiling water.
- (Bring water to boil, immerse corn, cover& turn off heat- leave corn in water about 10 minutes).
- Remove corn& let cool.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add onion, leek, green onions, ginger, basil& mint.
- Reduce heat& saute, stirring often for about 10 minutes.
- Cut corn from cob& stir the kernels into pot, along with potato.
- Add broth& bring to boil over med-high heat.
- Reduce heat to med-low& simmer, covered until the potato is soft enough to puree, (about 20- 30 minutes).
- Puree in food processor or using an immersion blender, return to pot& gently warm.
- Add salt& pepper to taste.