Recipe by Potagekempcc
Fresh Corn Salsa infused with roasted peppers and fresh cilantro. Fresh Corn Salsa can be served with meats, grilled meats, poultry, wild game and sea foods.
- 8 ears fresh corn (Yellow, Blanched)
- 1 red bell pepper (Roasted & Small Dice)
- 1 green bell pepper (Roasted & Small Dice)
- 1 orange bell pepper (Roasted & Small Dice)
- 4 serrano peppers (Roasted & Small Dice)
- 1 cup red onion (Small Dice)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro (Minced)
- 4 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 ounces seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 cup fine sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 8 knockwurst (Hebrew National Kosher Beef Knockwursts)
- 4 cups potato salad
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 3-tablespoons fine sea salt to a pot of water and bring to a full boil. Add corn and blanch. Cut kernels from cobs, place into a glass bowl.
- Add roasted peppers, red onion and fresh cilantro to salsa. Season with fine sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- In a medium saucepan add bay leaf, vinegar, fine sugar, mustard, minced garlic, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10-12 minutes. Stir sauce to preventt from burning. .
- Fold sauce into corn, season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill Fresh Corn Salsa for 30-minutes. Bring salsa to room temperature for 30- minutes before service and remove bay leaf.
- Grill Jumbo Hebrew National Kosher Beef Knockwursts.
- Serve Fresh Corn Salsa over grilled knockwursts with a side of Potato Salad.