Recipe by honeysage.com
This stunning salad is so summer. Made with fresh tomatoes, corn and bell pepper. love the bright colors. My grandmother always said that you should try to always make sure your table is multi-colored - never put out a meal that is monochromatic! It's dressed with a zesty mixture of lime juice, vinegar, olive oil and chile pepper. Bring this salad to your next outdoor get-together. It can stand up to the heat and is totally delectable!
Top Review by Meghan
This was AWESOME!!! I didn't have cajun seasoning on hand, so used Old Bay which I love and it goes perfectly with shrimp AND corn. Everyone loved the combination of flavors and its nice to have a side dish for BBQs that isn't run of the mill.
- 6 ears fresh corn, cleaned and the kernels cut off
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper (raw or roasted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- -Place the corn kernels in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the cajun seasoning and the shrimp. Over medium heat, put the olive oil in a large skillet. When it's hot, add the shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook the shrimp 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan to cool.
- To make the dressing, just combine the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil and chile powder with a small whisk.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour the dressing over. Toss gently and taste to see if it needs anything (salt, pepper, lime -- ).
- You can serve it at room temperature, or chilled. Or even slighly warm, I would imagine. It's just delicious, as well as easy and quick!