1/1 Photo of Fresh Corn Salad With Spicy Shrimp and Tomatoes
This stunning salad is so summer. Made with fresh tomatoes, corn and bell pepper. love the bright colors. My grandmother always said that you should try to always make sure your table is multi-colored - never put out a meal that is monochromatic! It's dressed with a zesty mixture of lime juice, vinegar, olive oil and chile pepper. Bring this salad to your next outdoor get-together. It can stand up to the heat and is totally delectable!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ears fresh corn, cleaned and the kernels cut off
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper (raw or roasted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1-Place the corn kernels in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to cool.
- 2In a bowl, mix the cajun seasoning and the shrimp. Over medium heat, put the olive oil in a large skillet. When it's hot, add the shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook the shrimp 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan to cool.
- 3To make the dressing, just combine the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil and chile powder with a small whisk.
- 4Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour the dressing over. Toss gently and taste to see if it needs anything (salt, pepper, lime -- ).
- 5You can serve it at room temperature, or chilled. Or even slighly warm, I would imagine. It's just delicious, as well as easy and quick!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Corn Salad With Spicy Shrimp and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 454.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 14.0 g