Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend of mine brought this to a dinner party and everyone loved it. I've had it twice since then and it just might become my favorite summer salad. Its flavors are refreshing and light with a spicy kick from the jalapeno. It's a perfect side dish for grilled meat or fish. Give this one a try! *Prep time does not include time to cook the corn. Cook time is the rest time after the salad is prepared.
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 14.79-44.37 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 6 ear corn, cooked
- 354.88 ml Baby Spinach
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 177.44 ml cucumber, seeded and chopped
- Whisk together lime juice and honey.
- Add jalapeno, cilantro, and salt and set aside.
- Cut corn off cobs leaving some pieces large.
- Add to dressing.
- Add spinach, tomato and cucumber and mix well.
- This salad tastes best after about half an hour when the spinach has wilted and the flavors have had time to meld.
I added a couple of Haas Avocados and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce. Also used Poblano peppers instead of jalepeno. Oh yeah, and if the corn is sweet and fresh, you don't even need to cook it!!
Great salad!!! I had to improvise as I don't care for the jalapeno pepper and I didn't have any spinach. But, I did add some chopped green onion and some avocado. I think some red or yellow pepper would make a nice addition also. This is a great base to add or subtract ingredients to suit your taste. Thank you for sharing, I Loved the fresh corn sweet corn, and I will be making this a lot this summer!!!!
I used Trader Joes frozen corn in this recipe and it came out really good. There corn taste fresh off the cob. Thanks for sharing