Recipe by MamaJ
A friend of mine brought this to a dinner party and everyone loved it. I've had it twice since then and it just might become my favorite summer salad. Its flavors are refreshing and light with a spicy kick from the jalapeno. It's a perfect side dish for grilled meat or fish. Give this one a try! *Prep time does not include time to cook the corn. Cook time is the rest time after the salad is prepared.
Top Review by Sa-Tina
I added a couple of Haas Avocados and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce. Also used Poblano peppers instead of jalepeno. Oh yeah, and if the corn is sweet and fresh, you don't even need to cook it!!
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 -3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ears corn, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together lime juice and honey.
- Add jalapeno, cilantro, and salt and set aside.
- Cut corn off cobs leaving some pieces large.
- Add to dressing.
- Add spinach, tomato and cucumber and mix well.
- This salad tastes best after about half an hour when the spinach has wilted and the flavors have had time to meld.