A friend of mine brought this to a dinner party and everyone loved it. I've had it twice since then and it just might become my favorite summer salad. Its flavors are refreshing and light with a spicy kick from the jalapeno. It's a perfect side dish for grilled meat or fish. Give this one a try! *Prep time does not include time to cook the corn. Cook time is the rest time after the salad is prepared.
- Whisk together lime juice and honey.
- Add jalapeno, cilantro, and salt and set aside.
- Cut corn off cobs leaving some pieces large.
- Add to dressing.
- Add spinach, tomato and cucumber and mix well.
- This salad tastes best after about half an hour when the spinach has wilted and the flavors have had time to meld.