Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Cooking Light, Aug 2007. Use very fresh summer corn for this salad, since it isn't cooked. Listed cooking time includes 2 hours of chilling before service.
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon season salt
- 5 ears sweet corn, kernels cut off (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Whisk together sour cream, worcestershire, and salt in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, tossing to coat well with dressing.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours before serving.
Easy & flavorful! The only change I will make in the future is to add some chopped fresh cilantro or parsley.
Perfect for the peek of corn season. Really liked the addition of Worcestershire sauce and feta cheese they both help balance the sweetens of the corn and red bell pepper. Made as written cutting down as there was only two of us. Thanks so much for the post.
I know, I know ~ The recipe calles for fresh corn, but I'm not finding any around here this time of year, at least none that I'd call 'fresh,' anyway! So I used some that had been frozen because I really wanted to see how this recipe would turn out! I was happy with the results, but can say for sure that I'll make this again as soon as we have fresh corn from our local fields, 'cause we did enjoy the taste of what I'd put together, especially with the feta cheese, which we didn't consider optional! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]