- 5 ears corn, shucked
- 1⁄2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small red onion)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup julienned fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes until the starchiness is just gone. Drain and immerse it in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color.
- When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob. Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Taste for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.