Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love creamy risotto. It's alot easier than one would think, just be ready to stir. Fresh corn off the cob makes this one special.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped very fine
- 12 arborio rice (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (2 ears)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil with the bay leaf. Keep warm over very low heat.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring until opaque, about 3 minutes. Add the white wine and cook, stirring, until completely absorbed, about 1 minute. Add 1 cup of the warm broth and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until nearly absorbed. Continue adding broth 1 cup at a time and stirring until it is absorbed between additions.
- After about half the broth has been added, stir in the corn, then add the remaining broth. The rice is done when it is al dente and creamy, about 25 minutes total. Stir in the cheese and butter; season with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaf and serve.