Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is great at a summer barbeque. It tastes great hot, cold, or at room temperature! We eat it with blackened chicken or pork chops. I like the use of the fresh vegetables in the summer.
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 ears sweet corn, shucked and cut off ears
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Fry bacon in a large skillet and set aside. Remove most of the bacon grease leaving about a tablespoon in the pan.
- Sautee the corn, onions, and bell pepper in the reserved bacon grease for about 5 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon on top and add the balsamic vinegar. Mix together.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add more balsamic if you like the tang!
I don't know if this is really a relish, but we really relish it! I added a dash of garlic, just because. The corn stays sweet and crisp. Since it can be served at any temperature, it's great to prepare in advance for a cookout. Excellent summer side dish. Made for ZWT 5
Different for us side dish. I used frozen corn as fresh corn is still unavailable and approximated it at 1 1/2 cups for the recipe (I scaled down to a half-recipe). My husband and I enjoyed this alongside a pork roast I'd made, but the kids were a little fussier - then again, they always are. This had a lot of eye-appeal.