Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Perfect light summer meal.
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed (half or a 17.3 oz. pkg.)
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to an 11 inch square.
- Transfer to a 9-inch glass pie plate; trim edges and place in the refrigerator.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, onion, flour, sugar, thyme, and salt.
- Blend until onion is almost smooth.
- Add in half and half and butter; blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in the corn; pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake 42-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown and filling is set.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.