- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, flute edges high
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated yellow onion (or finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Prick crust well on bottom and sides with fork, par-bake pastry crust with parchment paper and pie weight beans for 5-7 minutes until firm but not brown. (Remove beans and parchment paper.)
- Stir together rest of ingredients except paprika and parsley. Pour carefully into pie shell.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350º and bake 30 minutes longer or until center is almost firm. Cool about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.