Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very old recipe of mine. Just a pretty and delicious way to serve that yummy summer corn!
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, flute edges high
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated yellow onion (or finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Prick crust well on bottom and sides with fork, par-bake pastry crust with parchment paper and pie weight beans for 5-7 minutes until firm but not brown. (Remove beans and parchment paper.)
- Stir together rest of ingredients except paprika and parsley. Pour carefully into pie shell.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350º and bake 30 minutes longer or until center is almost firm. Cool about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
This was so delicious even though I omitted the crust. I used fresh corn which only added to its taste. Thank you.
Delicious and easy to put together. I used 3 smallish ears of corn, which yielded 2 cups when cut off the ears. A tad salty, probably due to the cheese I used, I may omit the salt the next time. I think this would be a great side dish and will definitely make it again, my husband loved it too! Made for ZWT4.
Very nice. I used soy milk and green onions. I think I would probably reduce the eggs to 3 next time and increase the corn and cheese. My husband loved it.