Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine, August 2004
- 1 cup fresh corn, cooked
- 1 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced finely
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish each serving with basil leaves (optional).